Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Making an Ombre Necklace



Ombre

           Ombre means the tones of colour that graduating from light to dark. The word originated from French word ombrer means 'to shade'. It gives a particular beauty to jewelry we gonna make. Today I will show you how to make ombre beads with polymer clay.
If you have pasta machine its much easier enough to create a skinner blend sheet and there by ombre beads.  Follow the steps to do it with your roller pin.

Steps :


1) Take two colors of clay as you wish. We can get the effect more nicely if u select analogous colors. Complimentary colors will end up in shades of brown only. Any way you can  choose any dark color with white, or red- yellow, blue- yellow, pink- brown, pink- black, black- yellow etc. I am giving you some examples only.

2) Condition them individually and thoroughly.

3) Make long drop shape with each of the conditioned clay.

4) Place them together to section them into  four to six parts.



5) Mix the colors in each section individually as one log of clay would be thin and other log would be fat at both ends. At middle both the clay colors would be in equal quantity.

6) So now you will get four to six balls of clay with a smooth transition of colors.


This is what called ombre shades. Now you can make beads out of it.  Here me used Blue an Gold colors and pebble beads (irregular shape like rock) made out of each ball. The blue ball was little big I cut a portion of blue and made six beads out of it in the real color. You can make some beads with both the colors which will show exactly what colors merged together. In this case I can add some Gold beads too nearing the clasp.  This necklace I made for a seven years girl at this much could meet the required length for her.

Look at the picture above for a reference. (Later I post how to make this kind of pendant in the picture)

The choice is yours. I am giving you some hints as soon as I go ahead, also it is a record of my learning process because me into one of the polymer newbies.... Love to share with you too...



Good luck for claying :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment