Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Accidental Beauty- Story of a Mokume gane necklace




             This is a necklace I made without having a pattern in my mind. What I wanna try is just to entertain myself by :MOKUME GANE " technique. Other than that I should not had any specific plan or idea.        


           First I made few round beads n long beads out of the mini mokume gane block. Since mind was blank I left them as it is for two days , day , night, even during sleep time and doing routine work try to conceive an idea. I needed it (the necklace)  to have a FOCAL point, what should be it... thoughts thoughts and only thoughts going on. Once in such time I happened to read my online horoscope. I am a Piscean born by the ides  march.  

          The symbol of 2 fish one upward n one downward inspired me suddenly. But planning went with only one fish. 

      The color scheme chosen "Analogous"- ie, adjacent colors in color wheel like blue, green, yellow and red also present in beads already made. So the fish should be more eye catching, the color Orange was absent in color palate of analogous scheme.

        The basic shape roughly figured with white sculpey original clay on that spiral cane of yellow -orange tone applied as fish scales - fringes - tail parts. Hence my vibrant fish got ready to go.

                  Next attempted to make some more beads to satisfy the length. For this part made a handful of tiny nugget or pebble beads (which do not have a symmetry in shape) in Yellow, orange and an earthen tone to neutralize the other colors. They are arranged in three  lightly twisted raws with the fish at one end then stopping y long mokume beads.


       The clasp is beaded toggle one that too handmade.  :)  I got many appreciation for this from many people which ultimately made me smiled out of satisfaction of doing something with PC.



Thanks for reading, see you



No comments:

Post a Comment