Thursday, July 19, 2018

ORGANIC BEADS - DIY #13


FAUX LAVA BEADS & FAUX CORAL STICKS - NUGGETS

Polymer clay is a wonderful medium, you can imitate almost anything in the universe . Last week I have experimented again with Faux lava beads and two different shaped faux corals. A couple of years ago I posted a blog post on Lava beads. This time a video demonstration.

Tutorial #13 on My Youtube Channel :

In the previous post if you check you can see my tool was a cloth brush for Lava rocks. Here I have textured the beads with Epsum Salt and tooth prick. Don't worry about the salt residue. Wash well in plain water they all will dissolve well after curing.
Corals can be seen in red to peach shades, I added more yellow on one part of log made for coral but the Yellow was not enough to dominate the density of red so all appeared in same color . You will understand this while watching video.  So for more realistic organic look ; add more and more yellow to the Red and Translucent mix. Make the color gradiation.

MATERIALS REQUIRED :
After Sanding
After curing wash the beads well few times in plenty of water. Pat dry and coat all corals with BLACK acrylic paint. Wash well again and sand the beads well , The paint will stay in the groves. Buff with renaissance wax for better result. One of my viewer suggested this. I applied Minwax poly urathane only. 
Let "em Dry After Varnishing
Instead of spacer beads I used Jump rings in between, got this idea from Pinterest.
LET'S GO TO D.I.Y:
THANK YOU ALL.



3 comments:

  1. Very informative post. Your post really gonna help the people like me who are looking for such terms and info.... I am glad i visited here and learned.


    Kato Glue

    ReplyDelete