Sunday, March 29, 2015

How to make Faux Lava Beads



 
A grand necklace using LAVA beads N millifiori cane



Lava beads are beautiful black porous beads. It can simply be made with polymer clay. Follow my simple steps:

I method

Condition black color clay very well (me used fimo)

Take a cloth brush (This is our tool)

Roll some clay according to size of each beads you want into balls.

Then roll this ball onto the bristles of cloth brush.

Then pierce your beads with tooth prick or needle tool (Else you drill after baking)

Then you can even make random pokes on to beads with toothprick. It need not to be evenly spread for more  original look.

Bake as per directions. ( I did it for 30 minutes at 130 degree celsius).

II method

Roll your beads into coarse salt or sugar and then poke with tooth prick. After baking the cooled beads place to water to dissolve sugar or salt.
Friends, I didn't neither sand nor polish them.. Left as it is....

     I have a picture to show you which help to understand at a glance (I method).




Here its ready... tada... :)

Stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment